GOING HOME

I had the wonderful privilege of going hoe this holiday.  It had only been 2 years since my last visit but still a lot had changed. Here are some pictures I took mainly of the City Centre. I hope you enjoy them.

Christmas?

It is so interesting to see the cultural contrast.  Here in Norwich, Christmas is a city effort, but back home, even though decorations were up, it was nothing as extravagant as the Norwich Tunnel of Lights!

Eastgate

This is the closest thing we have to an indoor shopping mall.  It is not the only shopping mall though, some of the others are outdoor Malls because we have sun almost all year round and its always better to be outside.

Buildings I liked

 
 The traffic lights are not working in this picture, but somehow, there is a method to this madness


Nothing beats a food break!!
 
Complete with people gathering around a street preacher because its Thursday so why not?
 

Domboshava


 My grandmother used to live here.  None of these buildings are her house, but I have always liked Domboshava because it is so picturesque!  Everything is greener and the stones are a must see.  Yes the stones, the 'Dombo' part of the name also means 'stone', although in the context of the name it means 'hill' and 'shava' means 'red' (Red Hill).  The rocks there eroded in the best ways forming Kopjes and other geographical structures the names of which I have forgotten!
 
I really enjoyed my trip home and I look forward to going back... maybe in another 2 years? I took a lot more pictures but these were some of the ones I felt really captured 'home'.

A. Nyambirai (Southern African Ambassador)

Comments