Manchester - Here I come

Three weeks ago during the Christmas vacation, I went on a trip to Manchester. I was super lucky because the weather was very nice, sunny for the whole time, despite its notoriety of persistent rain. Maybe thanks to that, the trip was really pleasant and enjoyable.  I am going to blog this event with photos ;) since I think, seeing is believing. Really, Manchester is as not boring as you may think (well, I did think so). It is fun! (although as not peaceful as Norwich - Norwich is just the best :P)



Image may contain: outdoor and nature so, I took a flight there  - actually, it was cheaper than travelling by train, and of course, way much faster ;) I traveled with Flybe and this is Norfolk from above.
Image may contain: night and outdoorwhen I arrived, it was quite late ( around 6 when I got into the Hotel) and I was very hungry so I took a short walk to Chinatown. 
Image may contain: people sitting and foodand ended up with Wasabi Restaurant - which serves a range of delicious Japanese food. It even has a sushi belt. Yum yum. The price is reasonable. I really recommend this place.
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, glasses, selfie, close-up and outdoorOn the second day, I went to visit the Old Trafford Stadium of Manchester United - my favorite football club on Earth. Hehe. The transport around Manchester was relatively convenient, there are trains, trams and buses. I bought a day ticket for trams and buses, which only cost me £6.5 as I remember. So this is me, outside of the stadium.#
Image may contain: 1 person, standing, shoes and indoorand this is me inside of the building. I went on the tour ;) 
Image may contain: sky, screen, cloud and outdoorthis is the Theatre of Dreams guys <3 div="">
Image may contain: outdoorSo after the visit to Old Trafford, I went by bus to Intu Trafford, which was quite nearby. My first impression was : "Whoa, this place is huge and so beautiful". The architecture was impressive, fused with different cultures of the olden days. 
Image may contain: 1 person, eating, drink and outdoor Hahaha, long time no see, Cotton Candy!

Image may contain: indoorI was hungry again, and this is the food court inside the shopping mall, which has hundreds of different shopping stores and food restaurants.
Image may contain: foodThis is green tea (matcha) shaved ice cream that I had that evening. Delicious!
Image may contain: people sitting, living room, screen, table and indoorthis is a setting in the hotel I stay - Holiday Inn on Ayton Street - tremendously close to the city center. How close? Uhm, 5 minutes walking?
Image may contain: people standing and outdoorIn the following morning, I wanted to vist the Manchester Museum. To access to the site, I had to walk past University of Manchester. 
Image may contain: sky and outdoor
Image may contain: sky
Image may contain: sky and outdoorA lot of nice buildings! But, the campus is too big and its buildings are scattered over places. There are also 2 or 3 busy roads crossing the campus, which is relatively dangerous.
Image may contain: 1 person, standingI got a friend here ^_^ (Me @ Manchester Museum)
Image may contain: outdoorThis is another favourite place in Manchester to me -  Ca phe Viet or Vietnamese Coffee. You can have Vietnamese food and drinks here or go shopping for Vietnamese products here. Definitely a heaven for me.
Image may contain: drink and indoorthis is the classical way to drink coffee in Vietnam. Oh, it made me so nostalgic!
Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and foodMe with food again (oh this Vietnamese dish! I want more please! It is called Summer spring rolls, by the way) 
Image may contain: sky, tree and outdoorA historic site in Manchester- Manchester Cathedral. I did not come in since I could not find the gate. Silly me!
Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor- Sunset in Manchester City Centre
Image may contain: night, bridge and outdoorManchester by night

So this is the end of my post, please contact me if you want to hear more about my trip to Manchester. I can recommend several places with amazing food ;) 

- Thao Vietnamese student ambassador.
Fb: https://www.facebook.com/ueavietnam/ 


Comments