There and Back Again on Two Wheels

On Two Wheels: City Centre to UEA

 
Each morning, I start my day riding to university from UEA accommodation in the city centre. Cycling along the designated bike paths takes me over cobblestones of the Lanes, across the River Wensum, and through the quaint neighborhoods of Norwich. Paired with my latest podcast addiction, my leisurely commutes are the perfect bookends to busy days on campus. Under a canopy of orange and yellow leaves in the Avenues section of the route, autumn rides are best of all.

These photos provide some flavor of what I get to enjoy twice each day. Happy cycling!

Crossing the River Wensum in the City Centre
Posts and signs indicate the cycling routes around town -- having tried all sorts of routes, I can vouch for these recommendations from experience!


The Avenues is an excellent biking route from UEA into town
From my bike through the Avenues -- bikers are prioritized on these roads and cars always give you plenty of room
 
Always changing, always festive graffiti art along the way -- the underpass spares you the wait and the danger of crossing one of Norwich's busiest roads
 

Beautifully British terrace homes
Just another gorgeous sunset back home at UEA City Centre Accommodation (Mary Chapman Court)

 

Comments