The Streets and the Ziggurats


During my first semester at UEA, I attended a memorable concert with The Streets at the LCR. Having bought tickets to see him for a second time on campus this February, I was quite surprised when I discovered the cover art for his fifth and final album (being released just over a week from now). Not only is my time at UEA marked by a Streets concert at the beginning and the end of it (this being my final year), but the cover of Computers & Blues, features Norfolk Terrace!



Norfolk Terrace is, along with Constable Terrace, design by Sir Denys Lasdun, and a grade II listed building. Together with other buildings on campus, the Ziggurats have won UEA over 20 awards for its architecture. 

The feel of the campus, consisting of glass and concrete combined with large green areas, is one of the many things I appreciate about this university. Therefore, I enjoy discovering others, like The Streets, who share my enthusiasm. And I have seen it before. Last February, footage of the UEA campus was used on Levi's website when advertising their collection for Spring and Summer 2010 (play video to have a look).



Oh UEA is wonderful.

Una,
Norwegian Ambassador


Comments