Norwich Sundays!

Meh, Sunday's at one point in my life were the best day of the week - I would refuse to work, and would spend the day @ home with my family. I loved it. The day would usually consist of waking up early, to the smell of my Mum cooking a Sunday roast! (YUM). I'd go downstairs to a cooked breakfast (scrambed egg on toast or sth ) and soon after, my Nanna would pop up, and my aunty would come round, and the conversation would flow. We'd have a gay old time! My sisters would have an argument, and I'd have to shout over them to calm everything down. It was just...so. Everything seemed like normality, and I loved them. We'd then sit down for our Sunday roast together, at around 1. Unlike most other families I know, my Mum cooks her Sunday dinner early to get it out of the way. And free herself up for the rest of the day, to watch films or catch up with the soaps, and spend some time with my sisters. It was the one day of the week where we'd all be in the house @ the same time, together. I'd still bugger off and go on my laptop, but it was nice knowing they were in the house. Teatime/evening would consist of one of two things - more TV/films & food or alcohol times. They'd always be good.




Now what do I look forward to on a Sunday - well this place is probably the only thing that I regularly look forward to <3 I'm not moaning about my life - I love it - I just wish Sunday was the one day of the week from my old life that I'd kept.


 
My ideal Sunday consists of good food, family/friends, alcohol, and Eastenders omnibus (not in that order!). I don't get that anymore - instead Sunday has become Chinese day! We're having takeout food for dinner this evening.



What a rant! I hope you enjoyed a look into a life I no longer have! ;)

Comments