Going to miss UEA

I do not understand where three years have flown by. The oft-quoted phrase that ‘time flies when having fun’ seems to ring very true. I am genuinely going to miss UEA and Norwich. As an international student from India I was looking for a place to understand England, learn, live and grow as a person. UEA provided the perfect combination. The University and the city of Norwich gave me a safe and diverse platform to expand my personality and try out new things. My favourite memories from UEA are around the new and shared experiences I have had with a truly international student community. Salsa dancing, a 60 mile cycling trip, Sushi making, Bhangra, hand making Italian pizzas, wine tasting by the lake etc have all been really small but nonetheless new and fun experience for me. These small but altogether very important experiences not only broaden one’s horizons but also give you some distance and reflective space towards one’s own culture. Being an Indian student in the UK, I tried to avoid the safe option by just hanging out with other Indian students and challenged myself to make friends with a very diverse and intelligent group of young people. My friends, my course and UEA have made me think about things and have stimulated me in various ways. I would not swap anything about my time here.


Love,
Shannon

Comments

  1. So Sweet!!! It is very true. I learn to learn, to live and to enjoy my time.

    Good luck Shannon with your next conquest.

    Regards,
    Aidy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment