Busy, Gloomy Times

After a  brief, beautiful 2-week spell of great weather, things have turned a bit grim. Day after day of grey, gloomy skies and incessant drizzle test my morale. Coming from India, adapting to the weather in general has been easier than I imagined. Winter was relatively mild, and snow showers were brief and rare and actually good fun. But things started warming up by the end of February; the grass stopped looking glazed in the mornings and the trees, plants and rabbits started looking happier. Summer migrants started returning and early mornings burst into life with the chirping of myriad birds.


And then, the weather cleared up. Suddenly the entire campus was bathed in sunshine. Trees around the broad took on a beautiful colour and I was stunned by the surrounding beauty. Here's a photo I posted on the UEA page in Mid-march: Click Here For two weeks we enjoyed the blissful beginnings of Spring.


But it was of course, too good to be true. Now that the April showers have arrived, and the dark clouds of upcoming exams face us..things have become a bit more quiet. Easter holidays on campus passed without event..although I did gallivant all over Norfolk to all the various nature reserves. I highly recommend everyone who is naturally inclined to make the trip.


But there are brighter things to look forward to! And I shall dare claim that the grass is greener on the other side. As time passes and summer arrives, things will again look up. As the exams pass and we all offload that weight off our shoulders, more time can be spent outdoors and enjoying oneself .


And lastly, I can look forward to 3 months at home, where I can finally get a haircut for 60p, and collapse on my bed.


Amay
Indian International Ambassador

Comments

Post a Comment