Engineering! My long lost social life.....but success!!!

Being a postgraduate student at UEA is an amazing experience I have to say. Neverthless, for the last one month I feel like I have had no social life :p I think this is due to my inability to comprehend electrical engineering. Being an Energy Engineer student, I understand that I will have to deal with a variety of subjects, such as wind engineering and wave and tidal engineering but I never thought I would be doing electrical engineering! So recently I have been doing some work in the Lewin Lab, which at the beginning I found dreadful, but lately it has been growing on me. I finally found a way to actually understand what I am doing! I overcame my fears of inadequacy, visited my lecturer, and was very pleased to leave his office having understood so many things. Finally!!

So although now electrical engineering does not seem like a hurdle to my success in my Masters, I still have an idea to share!

In two weeks time I will be assesed while setting up some apparatus and circuits and give a demonstration! The lecturer will ask me some questions in order to assess my understanding! Although I do now understand what each apparatus does and its purpose, I am still a bit worried about setting it up. Since I have been practising so much, I decided to take pictures of the circuits I set up! This has really helped me remember things, and also examine the way I have set up things when I am at home, so that I can actually do it quickly on the day of the assessment where I will have time constraints! Here are some pictures!!

So you might be wondering why I have shared this with you. Well besides the fact that I wanted to share the idea of taking pictures of the lab you have set up so that you can revisit it whenever you want (this is mainly for the science students out there), I wanted to pass along the message that nothing is out of your reach! Don't get dissapointed if things seem to be so hard, and it feels like you are climbing a mountain! Things can get quite hectic at university, but try and find a joy in those little things that challenge you, trust yourself and be persisent, and you will surprise yourself with the things you can achieve!

Elisabeth, Cypriot Ambassador :)



Here is a picture of my class when we visited the gas plant in Bacton which is operated by Shell Flashy uniforms!!! :)

Comments

  1. Sounds fun though ! Hope you don't get electrocuted though, that'd be a shame because the sun is back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elisabeth (Cypriot Ambassador)6 March 2014 at 09:55

      Well it was fun and scary too :) But hopefully it is all part of my history now!

      Delete

Post a Comment