Getting back after Christmas

I got back to Norwich last Monday, and I couldn't help but notice how weird it was to be in the five bedroom house I share with my friends all by myself. Getting back caused some problems, as I had forgotten how to do food shopping (After going to the nearby Coop, I came home with only fruits and crisps, which I lived off for five days), which bin is recycling and how cold wind is! The wind was by far the worst. I stayed in Norway over Christmas, and we did have -10C, but I honestly think that Norwich is colder.


Nevertheless, it was nice getting back. Meeting up and catching up with friends you haven't seen over the holidays is great,  and you can really find differences in how people spent their Christmas. Although I do love the traditional Norwegian Christmas and everything that goes with it, I did feel a sting of jealousy when my Kenyan housemates Snapchatted pictures of her lounging by the pool.


Getting back into the habit of studying is also a challenge. Lectures started two days ago, and after the first ten minutes I could feel myself losing concentration. One of my new years resolutions are to not drift off during lectures as much, and I hope I will be able to do it, although I have my doubts. Microeconomic models of labour is not as fun as you would think.


Do you have any New Years Resolutions?


Guro Skei,
Student Ambassador for Norway

Comments

  1. My new year's resolution is to go jogging around the lake more often!! I hope I can accomplish it!! Good luck with yours!! :)

    Claudia Linan -Mexican Students at UEA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment