Scotland - Conic Hill

It can be hard juggling uni work, a social life, multiple jobs, sports teams, eating food, sleeping, staying alive...

I find I need frequent breaks, where I can let my mind rest and explore new places. So, over the Easter break I went up to Scotland to hike in the mountains.

I ended up doing a few hikes before having to drag myself back to reality.

The first was Conic Hill


The views were stunning! Through forests and over streams... Around lakes and across rocky terrain. I even spied a little pond filled with spawning frogs, croaking their songs out.

Soon enough the hill top cam into view.

 

The walk had been very secluded, with only a few people walking by every few hours.

Pictures - especially off my phone- do not do the views justice!


Scotland even had beautiful sunny weather for the walk. I wasn't even wearing a jumper!

The decent was sad.. The close of a gorgeous day. But all in  all a walk I would definitely recommend.
It was slow and gradual, with no slopes too steep, nor terrain too rocky or slippery. The people I came across were just as happy to be outside, smiles and laughs all round.

I ended the walk with a coffee and an ice cream at the foot of the hill, over looking Loch Lomond in the sunset. (:

Regards,

Elleni - East African Student Ambassador

Comments