The Voice of a Japanese student: MA Globalisation and Development KOMOMO 1

Hello, friends! I am Yoko, working for The Japanese Ambassador.
This time I would like to introduce one of currrent Japanese students at UEA to share her experience in the UK from a student perspective.

Hello, this is Komomo Tamba from School of International Development, MA Globalisation Business and Sustainable Development. In my course, we examine the global business impacts through environmental, economic, political and anthropological perspectives. Also, we pay attention to how we can operate global business ethics regarding securing social justice, human rights and environment.
 
 
Since I have done with some fair-trade products planning and worked for ethical fashion press as an internship in Japan, my interests are formulation process of guidelines and the legislation for guaranteeing worker's rights in supply chain operated in developing countries. Although my course mate is only six members, quite small size, everyone is close each other and diverse nationalities. Thus, I'm always stimulated and motivated by them.
 What I can say the best experience at UEA is to listen to the opinions of my course mates in lectures and seminars who have diverse backgrounds. Even though I have majored in International Development Study as undergraduate in Japan, I could only discuss based on what I read in books and research. However, at UEA, there are students from all over the world, and some of them are already experienced in development field as a practitioner such as a government official or a NGO staff. This environment enables me to understand the merits and demerits of International Development implementation deeply.
 
My long-term goal is to endorse workers' rights by consulting Japanese companies' sourcing in a sustainable and fair way.

 

 TBC to the interview !

Comments