Enjoying my final year at UEA!


Time goes so quickly I must say…

I remember arriving at the congregation hall very anxiously, observing all the different buildings at University. Without attending to any open days did not help the anxiety at all, although I kind of relied on Google map, discovered all the 1960s architecture and walked through campus virtually with my parents.

I am a final year student, studying Psychology; this is my 9th year studying in the UK! Previously, I have studied in different areas such as Eastbourne, Shrewsbury, Somerset and here I am in Norwich! This year, my dissertation is going to be on psychopathy and empathy and trust me! Designing an experiment and doing all the background research can be quite daunting and overwhelming, but I guess that is the fun part of my degree!   

Apart from my academic work, I am in four societies which are Enactus UEA, Headucate, Korean Society and Tedx Society. All these societies have enriched my University life by enhancing my presentation, time-management, team-playing skills; as well as allowing me to make friends from different countries for example, Korea, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesian etc. 

This picture was taken in the haunted house event near Halloween, held by Filipino, Korean, Malaysia, and Taiwan Society. 




You guys can see me cooking some French Toast, so this is a project by Enactus UEA. We upcycle the food surplus from the Norwich Food Hub and make delicious french toast, strawberry jam, bread pudding, depending on what food we get every other week. Then, we sell the food in the Hive via a 'Pay as you feel' system, therefore students can enjoy the food without paying too much.

This is the Big Boom firework event in Norwich, the biggest firework display in Norwich, creating the greatest atmosphere around! 

I also volunteer in a local rehab centre under Colman Hospital, my main duty is to provide companionship to the patients that are recovering from brain surgeries. There must be a certain level of difficulty to maintain all of the society events, academic work, voluntary work; but they all sum up my University life!

Let me show you some nice photos I took in Norwich too! 








Al Dente Pasta Bar & Kitchen 
Address: 25B St Giles St, Norwich NR2 1JN
Hours: Monday to Saturday 9am-9pm
Sunday 10am-4pm


Pono superfood bar 
Address: 15 St Giles St, Norwich NR2 1JL
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30-4pm
Saturday 9-4pm
Sunday: Closed.






Comments