We are all on quarantine at the moment, but how actually different are the measures in other countries?

Hello! My name is Ekaterina and I am an international student ambassador for Russia at UEA.

At the moment due to quarantine measures I am staying at home with my family in Yekaterinburg in Russia. Since we are all sitting in our houses most of the time now, I thought it might be interesting to share how the lockdown measures are held in Russia.

At the moment we are the second country in the world for the amount of confirmed cases, however, recently it was announced by our main Health Ministry and government that we have reached the plato. And this is such a great news!

For the past few weeks we were blessed with a beautiful sunny weather, which is why many people went out to the parks to breathe some fresh air and sunbathe. Everyone was keeping social distancing which makes me feel very proud, because, despite the amount of people on the streets, the rates in our region haven't grown drastically!

In general, for almost two months now we are having "non-working days" in the whole country, which means that those who can work from home should do so, but those whose businesses require staying in offices/shops have to figure out the ways on how to adjust their business to the ongoing conditions. Nevertheless, luckily, since 25th May, the "non-working days" should be over and people will be able to come back to their jobs and start recovering their businesses while, of course, following all the needed rules to maintain social distancing between the customers.

While being out and enjoying the sun, I was taking pictures of people and nature around me, just capturing the joy people express when they actually are able to be outside and breathe fresh air. I feel like these pictures have got such a peaceful and positive atmosphere in them, so I decided to share them with you.

I hope you have a great day, wherever you are!





Comments