Weekend trip to Edinburgh

Hello to all of you!

This is the Jenny, German Ambassador, writing. I have been to Edinburgh recently, a trip organised by the ESN network. And I thought I'd share some of my impressions and photos with you!

To start with, Edinburgh is a great city and totally worth a visit. The fact, that Autumn turned all the trees red and yellow didn't really hurt either!





Isn't that beautiful? :)

We had a guided tour and some free time and could explore the city on our own. There was so much to see! We even climbed up some hills to enjoy the view over the city.




What you can see here is the "new" part of the city, the old part is on far left of the picture - you get a glimpse of the Castle in the upper part. The old part is mostly the so called Royal Mile and links the Hollyrood House (that's where the Queen is staying when she is in Edinburgh) ....


... and the old Edinburgh Castle, where they have tons of exhibitions to visit. And don't forget the Scottish Crown Jewels! Unfortunately, I couldn't take pictures of those, but here is a picture of me and the French Ambassador Elodie in front of the Castle!

Last, but not least, you can find a lot of typical Scottish things in Edinburgh - or at least what I think is typically Scottish.


Well, I had a lot of fun and I hope you like the photos I shared with you!


Jenny

Comments