Summer Activities at UEA

The English Summer has come to an end welcoming autumn. Was quite warm although quite wet in some instances.After visiting friends and family in Manchester,Crewe,Bradford and London I came back to Norwich end of July. With vast majority of university away you might think you my get bored.

Having been back in Zimbabwe last summer i had no idea what to expect. So i found this as an opportunity to be a bit adventurous. Firstly the Union of Students organised a couple of activities that would normally cost a couple of pounds  for the summer at a bargain price.


My personal favourite for the past few weeks has been swimming.After about 2 years without going for a dip in the water_of course not talking about bathing_I was dreading the thought of going to the pool.Surprisingly when I got there I realised I still got it, explains why I still go there weekly. It soon became an opportunity to improve stroke and meet new people although some of them didn't return my calls :( .

Apart from swimming there is Archery,Badminton,Football, most sports really. I play football with a my friend's workmates so in that regard i was sorted.

Si if you are dreading about what to do next summer,maybe before graduation,or any other reason you may be in Norwich, here are a few suggestions to kill time instead of drowning in hours of tv shows;) .

By

Tinashe Gabriel Chiweshe
Southern Africa Student Ambassador


 
 
 

Comments