Spring in Norwich

I was walking to the shop yesterday, enjoying the flowers just starting to bloom in my neighbourhood garden, when it hit me — Spring is here in Norwich!

Spring is my favourite season. I love the change in the weather, the foliage, the sense of purpose that fills the air as people reach graduation. It's the perfect time to wander through Earlham and Eaton Parks on campus or venture out into Strumpshaw Fen nature reserve. 
There is plenty to love about spring in Norwich, and if this is the only spring you'll get to experience here, you don't want to miss the best events.

Image from https://pxhere.com/en/photo/410039

Spring Literary Festival

Technically, this is already ongoing, but I'm still excited about what's to come. Christie Watson and Emma Healey will be returning to campus and we'll welcome American writers Madeline Miller and Jesmyn Ward. Topping Stephen Fry's appearance to open the festival will be difficult, but I think they're all up to the challenge.

You can find more info and get tickets here.

Women of the World Festival Norwich 2018
Women of the World festivals are massive, involving 1.5 million people in 20 cities on five continents. This year's is special for Britain, as it is marking the centenary of female suffrage. Norwich's event will include a performance organized by the Norwich Arts Centre.

The Facebook event has more details.

Bottle Feeding Lambs

I've never tried this myself, but I hope to! There are farms in the Norwich area that let visitors come and feed their newborn lambs each spring. The pictures alone are enough to make you desperate to try. There are a few options, but this one has their hours listed online.


Justus Flair
USA Ambassador


Comments