Back to School

As a medical student, I get a shorter break than everyone else (which I'm not very happy about), which means I'm already back at university!

The university is eerily quiet, but it also means that I'm able to really appreciate my surroundings on campus without the usual hustle and bustle. I didn't need to wait for my coffee at UNIO which I'm very grateful for!

Although my break was short, I've had a very eventful break. Unlike most other times where I go home for Christmas, I (similar to what a lot of international students experience) stayed in the UK for the winter holidays.

Instead, my parents came to Europe. I had the opportunity to bring them around Norwich and show them my every day life; where I live, where I shop, where I go to university and more! They really enjoyed the experience of getting to know more about my life in the UK, and they remarked it's quite a different experience from when they came to drop me off, as now I have the knowledge of a "local".

I realise that now that this more personalised experience could have happened if I knew about the campus tours that run in UEA! The campus tours are done by students where they are able to share their own experiences of the campus and gives tips and tricks to all potential and incoming students.

Some are especially tailored for international students, so they can share their highlights and struggles here in the UK! I'm about to do some in the upcoming weeks; I hope I'll be able to share my experiences then!

If you're interested in a campus tour (where you will also have the oppurtunity to meet current students and faculty members, if prearranged), feel free to get in touch with the links below!

Comments