But first coffee!


Having been here for two years now, I would say that I have had my fair share of coffee runs in Norwich. I can vouch for it when i say that Norwich has so many great places to get your coffee fix. 


          1. Strangers Coffee House 

This has to be my favorite coffee place in Norwich, and might I also say, one of my favorite places out of all the places I've been while being in the UK so far. I always find myself heading to the direction of Strangers whenever I'm in the city centre and everytime i tell myself I don't need coffee, I still end up leaving the city with a cup from Strangers anyway. 

My go to would be their Mocha which is basically just heaven in a cup. At most places I've been, you don't really taste the chocolate but with strangers, it's an entirely different story. Not only do you get taste the coffee, you also taste the rich chocolate. It is just a must have especially in this cold weather. 



          2. Ancestors Coffee House

Ancestors has amazing coffee that is comparable to Strangers in my opinion. I can't really explain how good their coffee tastes but all I can say is, go and try it out! Ancestors is located along Magdalen Street. One of the only reasons why I don't go here as often as Strangers is because of its location which is about 15-20 minutes walking distance from the main city centre. Not only do they have great coffee, they offer food and cakes as well and well, their Acai Bowl is definitely something to try! Definitely a must try and a must go when I'm in the area! 



          3. Kofra Speciality Coffee Brewers 

Kofra has 2 branches and one of them is located along Unthank Road and another one in the UEA. It is located in the Sainsburry Centre which is open only on Tuesdays and Saturdays but the one on Unthank Road is open everyday. Kofra has amazing coffee as well! Not only that, they do offer cakes and pastries which looks and taste amazing! Definitely the place that I would go to when I'm in the university and need a coffee fix. 



          4. Alchemista Coffee Co 

Located at St. Gregory's Alley, Alchemista offers a range of cakes and pastries along with a large range of hot and cold drinks. It was my first time trying this place and unfortunately, I was a little disappointed at the cup of coffee I got as it was a little diluted to my taste. However, the place was really beautiful and the owners were so amazing and nice! This isn't one of my favourite places in terms of coffee but it definitely wins in terms of interior designs and friendliest staffs! 


      
         5. Artel 

This is a newer place compared to the rest and it is located in London Street, Norwich. I wouldn't say that this is one of my favorite places to get coffee but it does have good coffee. But the thing that attracts me the most is the wide range of food and cakes and wraps that doesn't just look amazing but taste amazing!!! If you're ever in, try the Chicken and Waffle, it is just so flavorful I tell you! 


These are just a couple of coffee places here in Norwich that I've been to and go to whenever I'm in the City Centre. Again, these are just from my personal opinion. I hope you have a great day!

- Jie Chie Yong (Brunei and Singapore International Student Ambassador) 

Comments