Could it actually be S----g?

Helloo all!

Consecutive days of sunshine here at UEA! Now if THAT doesn't merit a blog post, then what does? :)

The windows in my room are west-facing, and the past two afternoons I've been a first-hand victim of the 'greenhouse effect'. Making the mistake of leaving my windows closed and heading out to a lecture, I found upon my return that my room had evolved into something not unlike a sauna. My desk had melted into a messy brown puddle. True story!

Anyways. That aside, it is absolutely beautiful here in East Anglia. The sun is shining, it's 14 degrees, people are out and about, playing frisbee, eating on the grass and in the 'square', being happy (Pictures included below!). The daffodils are also showing some initial signs of life, and I'm walking around in jeans and a half-sleeved shirt with a definite spring in my step (pun intended). Is Spring really here? To quote the title of this post, could it actually be Spring? Well, I thought I'd share some of the signs I'm seeing:

Frisbee and fooball on the grass!
I really love Spring here at UEA. While Autumn might be the most visually beautiful season, Spring is definitely the happiest season. Everyone has that liberating feeling of not needing to wear a coat in the morning, not needing to put on those wet weather boots, the gloves, the cap. It doesn't get dark at 3:30 pm any more, and walking is a real pleasure. It's time to do those barbecues by the lake, and kick a ball around all afternoon! There's an air of merriment and fresh joy. To add to it, you really witness the University as a 'community' rather than thousands of random people going about their lives. You witness how we're all in the same boat and share the same experiences. I'll illustrate with a photograph I took a couple of hours ago, because it encompasses so much of what I'll remember about UEA once I graduate:


Everyone eating lunch and relaxing in the 'Square'!
It's so nice to congregate in one place and just relax, eat, converse, catch-up. One of the best parts of University, in my opinion.

Anyway. I'll sign off on this post now. I hope everyone's enjoying all this as much as I am!

--Amay
Indian Student Ambassador

Comments

  1. Great post! Saw this the other day too--so many people at the square!

    Michelle
    Ambassador for the Philippines

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment