Canadian Thanksgiving

Hello everyone,

As some of you may know, Monday the 10th marked this years Canadian Thanksgiving!
I have a friend on my course who used to live in Canada and always talks about how amazing it is. Maybe one day I will go and see for myself!

She hosted a Thanksgiving dinner at her house and invited a few friends over to enjoy the evening and food.
I wasn't expecting too much as we are students after all. Buuuuuut, what I arrived to was a feast!!


My friend and her daughter had taken the time to carve out pumpkins (later added to the pumpkin pie), and painted maple shaped leaves to decorate the room.
All the food was vegetarian but I didn't even notice until it was mentioned. It was absolutely delicious! Potatoes, lentils, courgetties, paneer and so so much more!

Dessert is always my favourite part and this one didn't disappoint.
Gluten free pumpkin pie with vanilla ice cream and apple crumble with custard.
I probably ate my body weight in food that evening and still working it all off!!

Any excuse to eat!!

Kind regards,

Elleni - East African Student Ambassador



 

Comments