My Everyday Journey to UEA

Winter is coming! BUT in the mean time, can me take the time to appreciate just how beautiful campus gets at around this time?  This morning, on my usual walk to campus, I took a step back and appreciated the beauty that is UEA and I managed to snap a couple of pictures. I also took the liberty of giving some of these places a name because of something they remind me of from back home or in general.

 Lover's Lane

 The road here leads to the Lake and I call it Lover's Lane because people often walk down here with the people or things they love, be it a dog or children or a 'special friend'. It is quite beautiful. Back home, in high school, there was a little dirt road near the playing fields, and we called it Lover's Lane because every spring, the Jacanders would bloom all different shades of purple all the way down the road.  This little road is reminiscent of that road.

The Road Less Travelled

I barely ever see people walking up or down this road.  Maybe its my timing or maybe its because most of the buildings there are residential, but we can still appreciate that view!

Residential Forest


I call this the residential forest because I think these trees are so random.  They are planted on top of a mini hill right between 2 residential buildings.  Around this time, their leaves are all shades of orange and this little 'forest' looks quite enchanted.

Academic Runway 

 
This path leads to the store, bank, Career Central and all the building around that area.  I call it the Academic Runway because you always see different people dressed differently from different parts of the world walking up and down this path. and the view ahead is emasculate at this time and it almost motivates you to take those final steps to start learning
 
 
I encourage all of you to look at the view on your way to school and take note at how beautiful everything is.
 
Ashleigh Nyambirai


Comments