Sweetness in Norwich

Hello everyone and welcome (back) to UEA and Norwich!

 Today is Monday (uhm, we all love Monday, or…not at all). So, why don’t we kick the new week off with something sweet? What can be better than that? Below will be a list of places you can go to when you crave for something filling, indulging, delicious, yet money-friendly. Oh, also, these are nice place to hang out with your friends (old and new equally)

 1. Top of my picks: Patisserie Valerie
- Location: 12 - 14 Davey Place, Norwich NR2 1PQ (pretty close to Castle Meadow and Norwich market, google it and you will see)
- Price: £££ (cash and card)
- Website:
https://www.patisserie-valerie.co.uk/norwich.aspx
- They serve a range of cakes and teas and also breakfast (all day long I believe). Such a good place for you to get to know traditional British afternoon tea as well. The café is clean, and spacious.

 
(me and my course mates one afternoon during our summer internships)
2. Christophe’s Crepes Norwich
- Location: Davey Pl, Norwich NR2 1PQ (slightly opposite to Patisserie Valerie)
- Price: ££-£££ (cash only)
- Website:
http://www.christophes.co.uk/
- He (I guess his name is Chris) serves yummy, big pancakes or crepes with various fillings, sweet or savoury. The thing I like the most about this is his cute, little, yellow mini-van. My favourite sweet crepe is the traditional banana and legendary Nutella while I have a crush on the pesto, mozzarella and fresh basil crepe, as an exemplary of the savoury option.
 
(me and my friend)

3. Biddy’s Tea Room
- Location: 15-15A Lower Goat Lane, Norwich NR2 1EL
- Price: £££ (cash only)
- Website:
http://www.biddystearoom.com/
- Just like Patisserie Valerie, a range of cakes and teas. They also have savoury pie and quiche. Especially, these are handmade and pretty fresh. The setting is here more traditional and antique than Patisserie Valerie. So, it is not as spacious. They have a cake baking session every Tuesday I believe, totally worth checking out if you are interested in flour, eggs and butter ;)
(me and my buddy during our hangout)
4. The Waffle House
- Location: 39 St Giles St, Norwich NR2 1JN (please check Google Map)
- Price: ££££ (cash and card)
- Website:
http://www.wafflehousenorwich.co.uk/
- Drizzles of sexy and indulging maple syrup over moist, soft yet crunchy where-it-should-be Belgian waffle is just one of the best treats after hours studying. The restaurant offers you an insight in how much we can enjoy with a simple waffle with a great diversity of toppings. Besides conventional sweet and savoury options, they also have Gluten free and vegetarian choices. I was so in love with these waffles that I had to buy me a waffle maker last year (you know, student life, I can’t really let myself go there anytime I yearn for those warm and delicious waffles)
(source: Internet)
5. And the final one for today’s list is: THE HIVE
- Location: the HIVE, UEA Student Union House
- Price: ££- £££ (cash)
- Website: N/A
- Every TUESDAY and THURSDAY, these lovely people will have their organic cakes and bread loaves in the Hive, in front of the LCR and next to Unio Café. The variety of treats here is utterly unbelievable. You can find from Portuguese Egg Tarts to Pain Au Chocolate, from Cheesecakes (and more than 3 types of cheesecakes) to Sausage rolls. Also, organic and fresh bread is just amazing! Please check out this place every TUESDAY and THURSDAY 
 

(display at the Hive

 
…..and the list can go on forever because basically, sweet treats are so ubiquitous here in Norwich and in the UK!
Good luck with a new week, everyone



Thao

Comments