Top tips coping the winter

Image result for winter animation   
Layer your clothing
A number of clothes is better than a chunky big thick sweater. The more number of clothes you wear the more air gets trapped between them. The principle comes from the fact that air is a good insulator for heat and thus your body heat cannot move out easily à keeping you warm.

Don’t forget or feel embarrassed when you go out with a full set: hat, scarf, gloves and jacket. Oh, yes, socks! Personally, if my feet are covered, I deal with the cold breeze much much better!
  Turn up the themorstat
No less than 18oC guys, advised by NHS. As a student who lives outside of campus (I am sure many of you do), I am of course concerned about the energy bill, but of course I do not want to get cold or ill during this time of year (haha, anytime really). Be sensible really. The heating system should be only on when the majority of people are around.

3Cook!
If your housemate refuses to turn on the heaters while you are at home during the day (someone like me maybe – I am so sorry my dear housemates), you can be cheeky and turn on another source of heat: hobs and ovens à yes cooking is only good for you (both in terms of food and heat).
Image result for cooking animation
4. Hot drinks
In winter, hot beverage can be a god-send on chilly days. Truth to be told, all of my British colleagues in the lab drink tea or coffee 2-3 times/day (at least potentially) everyday. Haha. If not tea or coffee, I bet you can say no to a mug of hot chocolate with mini marshmallows and whipped on top! (Yes, we need much more energy to heat out body physiologically in the winter, so marshmallows and whipped cream are allowed – even if you are on diet my dear friend)
Image result for hot chocolate animation
  Eat regularly
Having mentioned diet, I would recommend you to add more hot meals into your daily eating. You should not skip a meal really because you will need so much more energy to deal with the cold weather.
Image result for eat animation
6Hot water bottles
This is my favourite bit! What can be better than holding something warm and soft when ones goes to bed? You can easily buy these bottles from Boots or online for less than £20.
Image result for hot water bottle animation



Please comment below if you have any tips to share <3 -="" nbsp="" p="" thao="">





Comments

  1. Will definitely follow your suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely needed these tips to survive these cold frosty days! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment