A conversation with a fully funded PhD student from India




Name: Vasudha Wattal

Background of the student: 

Vasudha is an Indian student, awarded a fully funded PhD opportunity from the School of Economics in the University of East Anglia. She has done her Bachelor of Arts (Economics) from the Delhi University, then pursued her masters in the Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics and finally completed her masters in Philosophy before joining UEA. 

Why did you opt to do your PhD?

I always wanted to do research. During my masters, I started working on my thesis and I really liked the entire process. I found it challenging and I enjoyed creating great things from nothing. This enthusiasm led me to work with a research organisation in India and my work experience landed me to the University of East Anglia.

How is your Student life at the UEA?

My typical day starts working in my office and attending some classes. I am constantly guided and fed with information by my supervisor. The faculties at the University are amiable and encouraging in nature. I usually grab lunch with my co-workers which makes me more comfortable in my work environment. The Unio coffee available on-campus is my favorite part of the day.

How are you finding as a PhD student?

(Chuckles) Everything is data related in my research and I am always glued to my computer. Apart from this I attend seminars, where the University provide me ample opportunities to learn and exchange knowledge. 


What is your future plan?

I wish to continue my career in academics. I am also open to academic/policy research with the University or with research organisations.

Do you miss home?

Not really!!! I am always engaged with some work here and I really enjoy what I am doing. I did not get time to miss home still.

What is your favorite food in Norwich?

I would love to eat Indian food from "Namasthe Village" restaurant in Norwich.





Comments