Goo at the LCR

I've been at UEA for nearly two and a half years now, and to my own shame, last Monday night was the first time I went to an actual gig at the LCR. Don't get me wrong - I've spent plenty a Tuesday and Saturday night either in fancy dress or rocking out to Club Retro, but Monday was the first time I saw a live band play here and I'm pretty sure it was well worth the wait.


The LCR has seen many world-famous acts, including Jimmy Eat World, Reel Big Fish, KT Tunstall, and the Fratellis to name a few. I myself had the pleasure of seeing the Goo Goo Dolls. The GOO GOO DOLLS. Forgive the enthusiasm, but I am absolutely in LOVE with them and it was literally amazing to not only see such great band live, but to do so in a venue that I myself have partied at before and that's small enough that most any seat in the house is a great one. Doors opened at 7.30 with the opening act (UK band Unkle Bob) coming on around 8.15, and by 9.15, the headliners were on stage rocking the crowd out with classics like Slide, Black Balloon, and Broadway. It was a great show - the band was incredibly charismatic and the crowd was crazy. I have officially promised myself to go to at least one or two more live gigs at the LCR before I graduate in July.


If you're thinking about UEA, the LCR is definitely one of the pluses - on campus, a great venue, and always with an endless lists of great events for the students. Make sure you take advantage of it while you're here!



(ps - I totally took that picture! =] )

Comments

  1. I had the luck to watch Billy Talent and Black Stone Cherry live in the LCR! They were both amazing and I think the LCR is a place made for gigs, it gives you a warm feeling since you're very close to the artist..!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment