New Malden, Little Korea in London

Hi everyone!
I'm back, yay :D

Today, I'm going to introduce you  a place called 'New Malden' which is a small town in south-west London.
I'm pretty sure that most of the Korean students already know about New Malden.
Quite a lot of Korean people live there so it is not hard to hear Korean in the high street in New Malden.

You can see a lot of Korean restaurants, shops and signs there as soon as you get out of the New Malden train station.
The price is reasonable, definitely cheaper than Korean restuarants or markets in any other places in the UK including the central London, and there is a wide range of choices.
You can find Korean restaurants, Korean markets, Korean hairdressers, Korean karaoke, Korean bars, Korean travel agencies and so on.
Most of the places hire Korean staff so you can speak in Korean there!
Even if you're not Korean but wanna try something Korean, I highly recommend New Malden.
It's not very hard to get there from Norwich.
You just need to get to Waterloo in London and take a train that goes to New Malden (trains are very frequent) and it will take around 20mins from Waterloo to New Malden.
So, from Norwich, take a coach or train to London, go to Waterloo by tube, bus or taxi whichever you prefer and take a train to New Malden.
It cannot be easier, right? :)

Whenever I go to London, I take an empty suitcase to stock up some Korean food in New Malden.
They have nearly everything that you expect from a Korean supermarket.

So, when you feel like Korean food, why don't you go to New Malden and have some yummy Korean food in a restaurant there and stock up some Korean food ingredients?

I hope you enjoyed reading my post and I will see you next time :)
Take care.

Korean Student Ambassador - Saem

Comments