Great Opportunities as a UEA International Student

Hi There! It's Patrick, the North American Student Ambassador. I just want to take a moment to brag. Thursday 5 March 2015, I will be going to the Harry Potter Studio Tour. For free. Let me repeat that: for free. Oh, did I mention I'm getting paid to go?


Let me start from the beginning. There are many opportunities to do enjoyable work around campus. One of the main schemes for UEA students is the UEA Ambassador Scheme. This is an ad hoc (or as needed) job that allows you to sign up for the shifts you want, when you want. The ambassador programme is a brilliant way to earn some extra cash and do some fun activities on campus or in another part of the city. Moreover, it lets you control how often you want to work, as well, that way I can balance focusing on my studies and working, gaining meaningful experience in an international work environment and in an area I have recently learned is my future career path (study abroad).


Harry Potter sprung out of my time working with the International Summer School programme run by the Collaborative International Programmes Office, and they run cultural exchanges throughout the year. It is an amazing job. I get to meet and spend time with people from all over the planet (makes it bigger saying it that way) and I get to do really awesome things that I would want to do anyhow. When I get back from the visit, I will be sure to post some of my photos and share my experience there with the Japanese students from Ritsumeikan University!


Comments