MSc Enterprise and Business Creation: Life after undergrad


Have you always dreamt of starting your own business, being your own boss! UEA has just launched a Master’s program to help this become a reality. Hear this from me, after almost 3 enjoyable years at UEA, I am approaching my graduation in BSc Actuarial Science in the summer. The journey has been a roller-coaster but it’s all been worth it. Meeting new people, building lifetime friendships and enjoying my life as a student at UEA. Amid all this I have mixed feelings about what the future holds because it is with sadness that after doing my degree it didn't give me the fulfilment I was looking for and I certainly knew as time passed on that I could not commit to a life an actuary. I knew it would be the classic dilemma of a round pig trying to fit in a square hole.

Hold on! This is not a sad blog, it is a very exciting one, because along the way I discovered what my calling is. I have always had an eye for business in the entrepreneurial perspective and just recently committed myself to pursue this dream. This courage did not just spring up like a weed from the ground, it came from within after reading a couple of books which I would recommend to anyone wanting to achieve the best of their potential. Some of these books include Think and Grow Rich , How to talk to absolutely anyone, Who moved my cheese, Self Confidence, Rich dad, Poor dad and many others.


Upon reading these fine pieces of motivation and inspiration I have never looked back and have always set my eyes on the dream of building up my business.

I know you thinking its scary right! That thought occasionally passes my mind but if you hear stories of the greats in the world of business enterprise they tell you that that’s just part of the package, No risk, No gain they say!

To drastically increase my odds for success and make sure I go into this world of enterprise with all the support and confidence I need, I am glad to be part of the first people to do the MSc in Enterprise and Business Creation at UEA starting in September 2015. After accepting my offer last week I am, even more excited than ever, to avoid disappointment apply asap before deadline or places running out here http://www.uea.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught-degree/detail/msc-enterprise-and-business-creation


A perk of doing this degree is a 50% off  continuation scholarship or 10% off Alumni discount.


 

 This course will be run primarily in the new prestigious low carbon piece of fine architectural brilliance called The Enterprise Centre.


 

See you in September when we start J

 

By Southern African Students Ambassador: Tinashe Chiweshe

Comments