10080 Minutes

I have exactly one week (10080 minutes) until I go home and honestly it feels a little strange.  Obviously I am beyond excited to see my family and especially my brother, but I have gotten so used to being here, that leaving will be weird.  Also the fact that it's going to take me about a million hours to fly home doesn't sound very appealing to me.
I've been living in Norwich for a little over three months now, and this is my first time going home.  For a lot of people three months may not be very long, but I've always been super close to my family, so being  away for more than a few weeks is pretty long for me.  But, to be honest it actually hasn't been bad at all.  I was expecting that I would be a lot more homesick by now, but surprisingly, not so much.  I know that's not the case for everyone who studies internationally, because everyone has a different experience, but this has been amazing for me.  I love it here and I love UEA, so going back to Canada, even for a month is bittersweet.  I know once I get there and see my family and friends I will be so happy to be back, but I will definitely miss my life here too.
On the plus side, Christmas is my favourite time of year at home.  My family and I all go out and cut down a Christmas tree, our house is glowing with lights, and the kitchen always smells like hot apple cider.  It is the most quintessentially Christmas place I know, and I love it.





Comments