Not that far from home

It's funny to notice that I've learned more about Latin America in the UK than during all the years I lived there. Being born and raised in Brazil, I have never visited any of the neighboring countries; maybe just cuz Brazil is so big that you can travel and travel and always still have a new place to go for vacations within it. There are still many places I don't know in my country, but I was surprised as to how little I knew about the countries around us.

When I came to the UEA, however, I finally met my first Venezuelan, Mexican, Colombian, Equatorian, you name it; UEA has a little of them all. I've been having a vary rich cultural experience here, and it's cool cuz when I go back I won't only just know a little more about the UK and Europe, but I'll even know more my own neighbors. 

Jonathan C. B. Macedo
Brazilian Student Ambassador

Comments