Ice Cream Season!

Seeing as I've spent most of my Easter break in the library and there are only two weeks left till the end of the semester (and one dissertation to go), you'd think that I'd be reading and writing full speed ahead as per usual.

However, it is now ice cream season! The sun is out! Really, really out! The birds are twittering! Students are making out on the grass!

I would like to travel. As you probably know, thousands of people have been unable to fly in or out of Heathrow in recent days. This is because of the Iceland volcanic ash cloud which has recently prompted three Royal Navy ships to fetch some 200,000 Britons home (see the Guardian: http://tinyurl.com/winaroyalnavyholiday) and also seen the mushrooming of facebook pages such as "Hello my names iceland, AND I JUST CHUNDERED EVERYWHERE" and "Volcanic Ash - That's Why Mums Can't Go To Iceland".

Me, well, my budget stretches only so far. I don't think I can get away anywhere particularly far or for particularly long so I've been thinking of the little emerald isle. Wouldn't it be nice to go somewhere friendly with lots of Guinness? www.tinyurl.com/iwannavisityou Could pop into Trinity College for a small inspection of the Book of Kells too, that would be nice.

BUT my dissertation is due in two weeks and my first exam is less than a week after that. Maybe Paddy will have to wait while I cram these journal articles into my head.

Cheers,
UEA Malaysian Ambassador

Comments

  1. Ireland is a fab place to go visit! Lots to see in Dublin! You can get some very cheap tickets too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment