Volcano !!

As the Volcano explodes, the volcanic ashes cover the sky and affect all flights going in and out the Europe Union; a couple of my friends could not manage to get on a plane. They told me that they cannot get a flight until May; some of their dissertation deadlines are approaching while some of them start their exams in the early May.It really make people panic !

Most of them are stuck in Hong Kong, but there is one exception. One of my friends was stuck in Amsterdam airport for almost 100 hours till now, which is more or less similar to Tom Hanks in " The Terminal". Well, one difference between them is that she still got her nationality.

After hours and hours of long queue, they still got no reply from the information desk. No flight, no train( Eurostar have been overbooked), nothing but to wait, wait and wait.....

It reminded me when I was in Paris during Christmas break, where I was also stuck due to the break down of the rail. We are very lucky, because we were immediately provided with plan service with just a few hours delay.

It is good to hear from her again this morning that she made some friends and she manage to get a bed and some showers provided. I will wait until she come back and share the whole airport journey in detail with me!

Venus Yu
Hong Kong International Ambassador

Comments