The Battle of Finding Accommodation

It has begun! It is the start of a new semester! Say hello to spring semester.

This will be my final semester of my undergraduate life. Scared and excited at the same time!

Nevertheless, spring semester is the time when students look for accommodation outside the university (off-campus). Don't worry, the Union of UEA Students is releasing a "Housing List" on..

Friday, 11th January 2013 at 9.00 am

So, please make sure you get the housing list early! Especially if you're quite picky about the location, type of house, etc. You can find more details about the Student Housing through http://www.ueastudent.com/housing

I am staying off-campus for my final year and I found my current house in October/November during my second year (2011/12 academic year). I decided to look for a house way earlier than everybody else as I am quite picky with the location and the type of house. So, if you're similar to me, you should find a house now before it's gone and taken.

The Union Advice Centre will be open on Saturday, 12th January 2013 between 10.00 am to 4.00 pm to help with any housing queries. When I was searching for houses last year, I have used the website http://www.rightmove.co.uk - this website is useful as it gave me a lot of choices and tells me the exact location of the houses which are being rented out.

However, should you need to find housemates - the Union are hosting "Housing Socials" in the Hive between 5.15 to 6.30 pm on Wednesday, 9th January 2013. There are another two socials organised on Tuesday, 15th January 2013 and Thursday, 24th January 2013.

To those looking for accommodation, all the best and do make sure you check everything before signing any agreeements.

Till next time, everyone!

Take care,

Amilin Omar
UEA International Ambassador - Brunei


Comments