The Farnums in England

I had a very, very special Christmas in 2012.  One of the best part's about studying in another country?  When your family comes to visit for the holidays!
On 18 December, my parents, grandmother, and brother flew from the USA 'across the pond' to the UK.  It was their first visit to 'jolly old England.'  My boyfriend was here over New Year's as well.

We:
-Spent several days exploring all the free museums in London, and saw 'Spamalot' in the West End.  Here's us posing on the Jubilee Bridge in front of the famous London Eye:


-Went through Platform 9 3/4.

-Visited the English town of Farnham, where we get our name.  Here's me reclaiming my castle!

-Rode a carousel at a German market on the banks of the Thames.

-Walked through the Norwich Arcade and outdoor Market, beautifully decorated for Christmas - including our world-famous Coleman's Mustard Factory!

-Explored the Norwich Castle, built during Norman times from stone brought across the Channel from Normandy.

-Opened Christmas crackers - a first for most of my family!

-Visited Cambridge.  Can you tell my dad had a good time?













-Pretended to be pirates at a SeaLife Aquarium.

-Saw the beautiful beach near Norwich on the east coast (it was a little cold and wet, being Christmastime...but still pretty!).

-Watched the fireworks show live in London.  I don't think I've ever seen so many people in one place in my life!!
 

All in all, a very happy way to finish 2012 and start 2013.  And now, back to UEA and happy to be with my wonderful coursemates and instructors.  Here's to a fabulous spring semester!!

-Becca, the American Ambassador
americanstudents@uea.ac.uk

Comments