How was my first year at UEA accommodation?



It was wonderful! I am still very pleased that I stayed on campus during my first year and that I shared the flat with other 13 people. Yes, 13 people! My first loves at UEA <3>
 
My accommodation was the twin ziggurat, Suffolk Terrace, Block D, flat 3. As soon as I got the letter of offer and the link to the facebook page of people arranged for Suffolk Terrace, I quickly searched for people in my flat and apparently, we were all looking for each other. So before actually moving in, we had known each other or at least said a "Hi" on facebook ;) So, it was not stressful, was it?


At secret santa in December
The first person I met on my arrival day was Abby, a medic student (we were all first year) and then my ROOMMATE ^^ from Romania. We had talked to each other quite frequently on facebook so despite the first face-to-face, it never occurred to me that she was a stranger. How wonderful it was that on my first day in the UK and at UEA, I immediately had friends! Marvellous! Other flatmates gradually moved in during the weekend so by Sunday night, there were 14 of us: one Vietnamese, one American (who was a 1-semester exchange student and replaced by a lovely Spanish girl in the spring semester), one French, one Romanian, one Ugandan-British, and other nine British people coming from all over places in the UK.
Me with the birthday cake from them

We shared a kitchen with 16 cupboards, 2 big fridges, 2 oven-microwaves, 1 grill and 8 hobs. We also shared two bathrooms (toilets included) and one separate toilets. It may seem impossible but magically, we always managed to fit each other well and rarely got any jams ;). We sometimes cooked and ate together in the living room. And do you know what the best thing is? We had a spectacular view of the broad, famous UEA spot, from our window!
 
We did so many things together! We went out for a movie at the beginning after trying Fish and Chips at Grosvenor Fish BAR (the best Fish and Chips in Norwich). We celebrated Christmas by Secret Santa <3 .="" a="" and="" bbq="" birthday="" brownie="" by="" cake="" em="" evening="" favourite="" for="" goes="" had="" lake.="" list="" me="" meals="" my="" on="" prepared="" secretly="" the="" they="" together.="" we="">
Sunset from the window

We began as 14 different, strange people. After months and days living together, we have remained being 14 different people, but now we are good friends and family members to each other <3 .="" and="" become="" been="" best="" for="" have="" house="" i="" is="" know="" mates="" my="" next="" of="" one="" some="" strong="" surely="" that="" the="" them="" things="" this="" what="" year="" you="">blessed and I am sure you will all be ;)

 


A birthday party (I made the cake)



An international meal
What was I doing???

Before G time

Some people were missing but they were there in spirit ;)

It is me with my coffee cake ^^

A rainy day

Another flat meal!

Me with my current housemates on my birthday (3 of them were my flatmates ^^)

Comments