Third Years and Dissertation Time!


Third year has caught up with me, and I rarely have a conversation without the big D coming up: Dissertation. The majority of us has to write one, and the solidarity you find among people is amazing. I was thinking about it the other day, how my life literally consist of Dissertation, food and sleep. Although it is slightly painful, It is also a good thing to do, and it is interesting to see how all my fellow dissertation writers are simultaneously passionate about and passionately hating the piece of work they are writing. I am pretty sure that in a few months we will all be glad and proud we did it, but until then:



I also have friends who up until last week were still changing their dissertation topic an title. These things stress me out, as I am one of those people who need time to write 10 000 words, and not one of those who can write that in the course of 3 days and say that “I had plenty of time and I know I will win a Nobel Prize of Dissertation for my work”.  But we are all different.


I also have to apologize on behalf of myself and everyone else who has a deadline coming up: We know we can only talk about the big D, but there will come a time (for me, in about 3 weeks), where it is all done and we will return to normal life.

Guro,

International ambassador for Norway

Comments