21!


I like to think that regardless of where you live, 21 is a big deal. I myself just turned 21 this last Tuesday, and while it definitely doesn't have the same amount of awesome as turning 21 in my home state of California, it's still a pretty big deal.

Over here it seems to be more of an official adult thing. Legally speaking, once you hit 18 you're an adult. Apparently, though, hitting 21 means a bit more of growing up, like getting keys to a house or property, or something similar. I may not have earned myself some more responsibility - I definitely still woke up at seven to finish a paper for a twelve o'clock deadline, and have no house keys to new property in sight - but at least when I get home, I'll be able to actually walk into a bar!

Hope you enjoyed that bit of self-important musing - and happy belated birthday to me! =P

Kathy
American Student Ambassador

Comments