My cinema experience in Norwich

Moving to a new place and adjusting is never easy for anyone,  this is even more-so when you are an international student whose culture and way of life is completely different. This is my first time in Norwich but I was committed to having the full international experience.

Anyway, I had finished classes on this beautiful Monday and a British friend of mine asked me if I wanted to watch a movie and hang out and I was like sure. Truth is, I was nervous, I was naturally not an extrovert and it was even worse in this new city in a country alien to me but I shrugged it off because I knew that if I wanted to enjoy my stay in Norwich, I must be willing to take some risks.

So we took the bus from University, without any particular cinema in mind. Eventually we got to the city centre, we alighted from the bus and started to think of where to go (my British friend was just as perplexed as I was), I remembered I saw a structure that looked like a cinema and I directed my friend on the way we were to go. I eventually got lost and my friend ended up bailing us out since he had a better knowledge of the city and I told him the landmarks close to the city were close by.

We finally found the cinema, we looked at it closely, it was named Cinema City, the structure looked rather odd as it look quite ancient but we thought "well, we've made it this far, so we'd give it a try". We got in and we were offered a rather nice booklet containing movie listings and we picked a movie titled "Girl on the Train". We had some snacks which we bought from McDonalds and then the man at the reception told us to go to diner to have our dinner was not allowed in the cinema. When I got to the cinema diner, the waitress sent us away from the diner to have our dinner the building and then we had our dinner sitting bare in front of cinema city.

After we had our dinner, we went in for the movie and it was enjoyable. the movie was full of suspense that kept me guessing till the very end.

All in all, it was an interesting first time movie experience. Yay!!!

https://www.picturehouses.com/cinema/Cinema_City

Comments