Weekend outings in Norwich


 I have been in Norwich for about a year now. After all that university workload, weekends are something I enthusiastically still look forward to. I love going out almost every weekend and each time there's always so much you can do! I will be sharing some of my favourite things to do during the weekend in Norwich.

  • The lovely Riverside!
A picture outside Odeon with my
friends from first year at INTO!
Riverside is personally my favourite place to hang out in Norwich. I instantly loved the place ever since the first time I came here with my mother (who came to drop me off for university) in December, 2015. Not only is the place really pretty but there's a lot to do here. Whether it's shopping at Riverside Retail Park- the places I like to check out are Matalan and H&M (they ALWAYS have a sale/reductions at this outlet); or going bowling at Hollywood Bowl, where you can also indulge in other activities such as pool and other games; or watch a movie at Odeon (where they sometimes also show Bollywood films with English subtitles); go to Gravity trampoline park!!! (that I have yet to check out) or/and indulge in some delicious food from so many restaurants that are there side by side!


The City Centre

The centre has loads of places to go to. I personally go there for shopping, eating or even just walking around the city centre if the weather is nice! One of the things I love about Norwich is how there's a sense of historic aesthetic as well as some modern twist to it.
The Castle and Museum and the Cathedral are definitely something you should be checking out if you love historic or artsy buildings.
The Forum

Then there's the Forum where there's always something happening- from exhibitions displayed by people from all around the world, to the library that has a great collection of books, to various performances and shows (I witnessed a  family of drummers who were INCREDIBLE at what they do. I'll be posting a video that I took of their performances soon on my Facebook page  https://www.facebook.com/ueapakistan/ so do check that out!)

Some of the places I go to the most for shopping include Intu Chapelfield (check out Chapelfield gardens too!), Castle mall (here you'll mostly find the less costly brands (in comparison to Chapelfield) plus VUE- the cinema), Debenhams where there are loads of cosmetic brands (I usually get my make up from Superdrug or Boots though) as well as decent brands for clothes, shoes and accessories. This one I can't stress more upon: PRIMARK!!! It's cheap and pretty much has the essential clothing items or winter wear you'll need (however I personally would not recommend you to buy their leather boots or high heel boots because they are quite uncomfortable...).
And of course there are tons of bars, pubs and eateries that you can find in every corner!







Prince of Wales Road

If you're fond of loud music, dancing or basically clubbing in general go to prince of wales road! I have to admit I do go here quite often (just because I love dancing or hanging out with friends here.)
I haven't checked out ALL the clubs but my favourite one is definitely Mantra in terms of the music, DJ and ambiance. However, Thursday nights are generally better than Saturday nights (in my opinion). The other ones that you'd like to check out are Mercy, Mojo's and Fluke (My Serbian friend and I ended up going here since it was a free entry that at that time of the night and honestly it wasn't so bad. Quite a chill place with everyone doing there own thing).
(If you'd want to go somewhere other than Prince of Wales Road, go to The Waterfront, Karma Café or Gonzo's!)

Lastly I'm just going to be sharing some of my FOOD experiences and favourite eateries to go to:

As I said earlier, Riverside is my favourite place to go to and one of the reasons for that is definitely their food! My favourite restaurants there are: Artorio's which is a Mediterranean restaurant, Chiquito-  a Mexican restaurant (their Churros and Virgin Colada are a must try!) and lastly Coast to Coast- an American restaurant that I personally love because of their scrumptious desserts!
Other restaurants in Norwich that I like include Jamie's Italian (poor service but pretty good Italian food) and TGIF.
For beverages such as coffee or Frappuccino my go-to place is definitely Starbucks!


I really hope you all enjoyed reading this! Do check out these places in the coming weekend if you haven't already and let me know what you guys think about them in the comments!
 

Comments